| Fixing theme ✖ |
| Listening to music ✖ |
So it’s known that I am crazy about mythology, and I couldn’t find a graphic challenge of any sort, so I decided to come up with one instead. So yeah, here it goes:
1 Mythology (greek, norse, roman, etc)
2 Mythological Objects
5 OTPs (Hades/Persephone, Thetis/Peleus, Loki/Sigyn, etc)
6 Muses and/or Nymphs
7 Norse Gods/Goddesses
8 Lengendary creatures
9 Greek Gods/Goddesses
10 Movies/Books based on mythology
If you do it, make sure to tag it as mythology meme (or link me to it, cause I’d love to see it)!
MYTHOLOGY MEME | [3/9] GREEK GODS & GODDESSES » MORPHEUS
Morpheus was the god of dreams in greek mythology. He was one of the three Oneiroi, sons of the god of sleep, Hypnos. Along with his two brothers, Phobetor (“nightmares”) and Phantasos (“illusion”), he was a diety of the underworld and would appear in the dreams of kings and rulers as a forebearer of omens and messages.
I was thinking about how nobody really knew that Voldemort was called Tom Riddle, not even Hermione who read books on him and it actually really confuses me. It implies that basically the whole Wizarding World, even those brought up in the world don’t know about his past at all.
They study history of magic. Do they not learn modern history? Voldemort’s pretty fucking important, he literally shaped Wizarding society up to where the books take off. Not learning about Voldemort raises even more questions. Do they even learn about Grindelwald? That only happened during World War II??? Or do they only learn about ancient history that they can remain remote from? Do they learn about history from different sides, or is it biased? Do they learn about magical history from other parts of the world?
I know that Harry and Ron don’t listen in History of Magic all the time, but I think they would have listened if it had regarded Voldemort. They’re not told he was a Prefect and about him growing up in an orphanage and working in Borgin and Burkes. Okay, that’s not as weird, but not even Hermione knew that from her reading on him. But they also don’t know that his followers are called Death Eaters, they don’t know what the Dark Mark is and what it stands for, they don’t even know that his real name was Tom Riddle.
Once you start picking apart this, the glaring faults in the education system of the Wizarding World become obvious. Why are they not learning relevant history? Why are they not learning things which could help them?
Learning that Tom Riddle = Lord Voldemort could have saved Ginny in her first year. It’s also excluding muggleborns. How are they to know about the tensions about muggleborns in the past (which are still effecting society to this day) if they’re not taught about it in class? Do they get taught by their housemates, their friends, prefects - in awkward mumbles and with feet shuffling? Think about how confused Harry was at the Quidditch World Cup. Think about how confused muggleborns would have been if they had seen a Dark Mark branded on someone’s arm. They probably would have shrugged it off, not knowing that turning that person in could help.
It just shows how narrow minded the Wizarding World is really, and how stand-still they are. It seems to me like they haven’t changed the curriculum of what is taught in History of Magic for at least 100 years, and they don’t seem to understand why its a problem. They literally believe they are the perfect society the way they are, not understanding the need for constant evolution and innovation.
Scotland’s Big Decision | Via
Tomorrow, legal residents of Scotland, ages 16 and older, will be voting in a referendum to decide their country’s independence from the United Kingdom. While ending a centuries-old union is a complex and emotional issue, the wording on the ballot could not be more simple — “Should Scotland be an independent country?” — with only two choices, yes or no. Interest in tomorrow’s vote is extremely high, and more than 97 percent of Scotland’s eligible voters are registered to vote. “No” voters had the edge in polls for most of the past year, but “Yes” voters surged ahead to take a brief lead just weeks ago. At the moment, polls favor a “No” vote, but the slim margin makes the outcome too close to call. As Scotland prepares to decide its future, here is a collection of images of the campaign, the voters, and the country.
things I want to see:
- tattooed young Hera who redefines what it means to be feminine (ex: x )
- Apollo enjoying counterculture modern music that isn’t what your grandaddy listens to because the god of music loves all music
- Hermes dropping the internet connection of late-night bloggers when he thinks they need to get more sleep
- Aphrodite at the forefront of modern fashion, not just for mainstream fashion but all types of beauty
- Apollo keeping tabs on the mental health of all his followers because mental illness is illness too
- Hera rejecting political campaigns and bringing together queer couples because the goddess of marriage knows better than some old congressman what marriage is
- Zeus traveling the world enjoying the various diversity of his world under culturally-appropriate disguises in each country, stopping to perform quiet blessings to people who deserve it and yet who never know who that strange older man was who helped them or gave them exactly the sort of wise guidance they needed
- Ares annoying Apollo by constantly demanding updates on the wellbeing of his injured veterans and wanting to know what Apollo plans to do about their combat-related injuries and mental illnesses
- Ares whispering in the ears of anti-war protesters to keep world governments from using nuclear weapons
- Ares deflecting bullets in a firefight to protect police officers chasing a gunman and casually pushing criminals’ vehicles off the road in car chases before they can hurt any innocents
- Athena on the ground in the Middle East, following around military scouts and diverting attacks before they even notice them
- Hermes disguised as a male nurse, quietly walking between beds in terminal care facilities, easing pain in everyone he passes by
- Haides patiently explaining the whole “yes, I’m that Haides” “yes, this is that underworld” “no, no one’s going to torture you with fire” thing to every single person who enters his realm and never getting frustrated no matter how many times the Christians ask him about hell
- Poseidon getting a drink in the local bars in small coastal towns because he likes to listen to the tall tales the fishermen tell as they come in from their crab boats
- Hephaestus gleefully inventing new creations because smithing is so much more interesting with modern technology
- Demeter convincing Zeus to sabotage the political lobbying of big agricultural corporations to protect her beloved small-time farmers
- Hestia strolling through the suburbs calming down family arguments in the neighborhoods she visits
- Artemis taking her responsibility for the wellbeing of young ladies seriously and invisibly sitting next to every heartbroken teenage girl crying her eyes out over some lost highschool love
- Dionysus impersonating bartenders and demanding patrons’ car keys when they’ve had too much
- Gods that aren’t stuck in the ancient past
this exists and is, er, extraordinary, so i decided to also post my deep and profound re-imaginings of the greek pantheon in the modern age
- apollo turning women into lampposts when they reject his unwanted sexual advances, trees are so 5th century bc
- poseidon chilling in the bermuda triangle surrounded by downed planes
- aphrodite scrolling through ace blogs to find out who to curse with a horrible violent death next
- ares carving the nuclear codes into mt rushmore using some machinery he stole while beating up hephaestus
- hermes convinces some dude to leak artemis’ nude snapchats and artemis rips the dude apart and murders his entire family and reduces his apartment building to rubble forever
- hera creatively cursing every girl who follows zeus on instagram. oh your username’s stylinson4eva? now you’ve got immortality without eternal youth and the only words that will ever come out of your increasingly wrinkled and pain-filled mouth are “fuck management”
- zeus presumably is still just a shapeshifting serial rapist, i dunno man
- dionysus forcing a gram of coke on you in the club toilets and then making you eat raw all the roadkill you create as you drunk-drive home
- gods that aren’t bizarrely defanged and completely misinterpreted as, like, not being total assholes
LOOK AT ITS BIG FOOTERS
Fake film: Walter.
└ Hugh Dancy, Lee Pace & Rinko Kikuchi.
Sci-Fi Drama ► In the year 2134, androids have been developed. Electrodite Systems, a corporation specialising in technology, is advertising androids as ‘human’s best friend’ and selling them to those in need of companionship. Martin (Lee Pace), bought Walter (Hugh Dancy) a few years ago when he was lonely and living by himself. The two developed a close relationship until one night when Martin doesn’t return from work. Walter discovers that his friend was mugged and murdered during the walk home.
Should anything happen to their owner, androids are sent back to Electrodite and their memories erased so they can be resold. However when Walter is set to be reprogrammed, he meets technician Shiori (Rinko Kikuchi). He tells her that he does not wish to forget about Martin. Surprised and touched by the android’s apparent humanity, Shiori ‘steals’ Walter in order to learn just how human a robot can become.
characters + google
My boyfriend (via thecarrionlibrarian)
#no but can you imagine if that was how you learned once a month you weren’t pregnant#by some dude singing songs about the victory of it#you wake up and he’s there and you are so happy#this dude becomes your favorite dude#but then you realize you haven’t seen your friend’s minstrel in a while#I mean everyone notices#like half the people are on the same cycle so for one week out of four your job is just flooded with fucking minstrels everywhere#the cacophony#but Mary over there is all alone#and she’s like my minstrel is late#but we all fucking know#her minstrel has gone off to find her a baby#a nine month journey he must make alone#and until he comes back there is no music in her life#what a glorious world this would be#I love the minstrels (@onionjuggler)
also I miss you so much!!!
so tokyo is hosting the 2020 olympics just like akira predicted. i hope they do akira themed events such as: motorcycle fights, government overthrowing, and of course the classic mutating into a giant beast and destroying the world.